AW Classic MACD
Please sign in so that we can notify you about a reply
The indicator works according to the Turtle system and classically assumes a time interval of 20 and 55 candles. The trend is monitored at a given time interval. The entry is carried out at the moment of the breakdown of the support or resistance level. Exit signal - price breakout in the opposite direction of the trend of the same time interval.
- Tools: Currency pairs , stocks, commodities, indices, cryptocurrencies
- Timeframe: Classically D1, also suitable for working with any timeframe
- Trading time: around the clock
- Money management strategy: Risk per transaction no more than 1>percent
- When using additional orders, the risk for each additional position is 0.25>percent
1) Shorter term entry:
- An entry condition is a breakout of the 20-day high or low.
- The deal is skipped if the previous signal was successful.
If the previous trade was closed with a profit, we skip the entry . If it suddenly turns out that the breakout is profitable, then later we enter it after breaking through the 55-day channel.
When the price breaks this channel, we enter the trade.
2) Longer term entry (if the 20-day breakout was missed for the reasons stated above):
- The price breaks the 55-day high or low of the Donchian Channel.
Note! Approach 2 does not use the filter for the previous trade, we always enter.
1) In the classic version, there is a simplified form of calculation for turtles. It looks like this:
In order to work with the formula for calculating the stop loss, you should add the ATR indicator to the chart:
StopLoss = ATR (20) * 2
2) We offer an additional option for calculating StopLoss. This is an exit along the middle line of the indicator.
The screenshot in the product description shows both StopLoss options:
- At the bottom, the ATR indicator with a period of 20 is displayed. Thus, in the first calculation, the Stop Loss will be 389 * 2 = 780 points.
- In the upper part of the screenshot you can see the estimated Stoploss level for the second strategy, that is, along the middle line. The second option is Stoploss = 745 points.
As you can see, the StopLoss levels in the first and second cases are different, but have similar indicators. You can use any of the presented options in your trading.
Installed at a distance of at least every 0.5 ATR from the entry point.
- Fast ema period MACD - period of the fast (blue) moving average
- Slow ema period MACD - period of the slow (red) moving average
- Signal period MACD - Signal moving period, not displayed on the chart, used for calculations
- Applied price MACD - The price used for indicator calculations
- Max Bars - The maximum number of candles on which the indicator will be calculated
- Signals Type - Adjust the display of signals
- Both Signals - Both types of signals
- Zero Level - Signals at zero crossing
- Cross Lines - Signals at the intersection of slow and fast moving averages
- Notification candle number - Select on which candle to display notifications (0 - the current candle, 1 - work at the closing prices, then work on the previous candle)
- Send Push Notification - Use notifications of new signals to the mobile version of the trader's terminal
- Send Pop Up Alert - Use pop-up notifications
- Send Email - Use sending letters about the appearance of signals to the trader's e-mail
- Multitimeframe dashboard - Panel display view, minimized or full
- Font size in panel - Text size in the indicator panel
- Y offset - move the multi-frame panel along the Y axis
- X offset - move the multi-frame panel along the X axis
- Uptrend Color Panel - Color of the upward direction in the panel
- Downtrend Color Panel - Color of the downward direction in the panel
- Up Color Main Panel - Color of the uptrend in the panel
- Down Color Main Panel - Color of the downtrend in the panel
- Buy Signal Color - Arrow color when a buy signal arrives
- Sell Signal Color - Color of the arrow when a sell signal arrives